Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Old English 800, a popular malt liquor in the hood.
- An eightball is literally, in drug terms, an eighth of an ounce. There are twenty-eight grams in an ounce, and hence, three and one half grams in an eightball. In places where an eightball is less than three and a half grams, the laws of supply and demand have constricted the quantity in favor of a popular price. The only drug usually referred to as an 8-ball is cocaine.
- On to it. i.e.: "on the 8-ball", up with the play.
- The 8-ball is the last ball to pot in the billiards game of pool. If you accidentally pot it before the end of the game, you lose. So, the 8-ball also represents chance.
- Formerly "Eightball", 8-Ball is also known as the second half of the duo known as 8 Ball and MJG.