Calder is a residential neighbourhood in north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The area was originally part of the Hudson's Bay Company reserve and was settled by employees of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway. Calder was originally an independent town that was developed to house the workforce at the railway's roundhouse, repair shop and shunt yards. Calder became a part of the City of Edmonton in 1917. The western boundary of the neighbourhood is 127 Street, the eastern boundary is 113 A Street, the southern boundary is 127 Avenue, and the northern boundary is 132 Avenue. The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single family dwelling. These account for approximately two out of every three (65%) of all the residences in the neighbourhood. Another one in five residences (19%) are duplexes.